First 100 attendees will receive a free smoke detector
With recent wildfire tragedies dominating news coverage, residents are learning firsthand about the importance of being prepared. That’s why attending Capital Insurance Group®’s 4th Annual CIG Insurance Community Safety Saturday™ is more important than ever!
This free community event during September’s National Preparedness Month will feature over 30 agencies and non-profits with interactive safety displays and demonstrations. It will be held on September 10, 2016 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the Monterey County Fair & Event Center, 2004 Fairground Road in Monterey. Community Safety Saturday will provide valuable safety information and activities for the whole family, including important fire prevention tips and how to deal with emergencies.
In addition, the first 100 attendees will receive a free 10-year battery-operated First Alarm Smoke Detector, courtesy of Orchard Supply Hardware.
Don’t miss these great new activities:
· The U.S. Army Garrison (USAG) Presidio of Monterey's Fire Department will bring its Public Education Trailer and provide kitchen fire safety and extinguisher training for adults and teens. They will demonstrate bedroom fire safety escape training for children and offer fire safety public education for all attendees.
· The City of Monterey will provide information about their Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Program and will also have a drawing for a free bike helmet.
· The U.S. Coast Guard will bring their 29’ fast boat for tours and Coastie the Talking Safety Tugboat.
· MY Museum’s Wheelie Mobilee will offer lots of fun interactive games for the children, courtesy of First 5 Monterey County.
· Special Olympics Northern California will bring an interactive bowling activity for kids.
An Opening Ceremony with elected officials and others will be held at 10:30 a.m. 101.7 The Beach will be on site with a Live Remote giving away lots of prizes from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. The Monterey Fire Department will do a Jaws of Life auto extrication demo at 11:30 a.m.
L. Arnold Chatterton, President and CEO of Capital Insurance Group, remarks, “Now more than ever, we are pleased to again hold our Community Safety Saturday event at the Monterey County Fair & Event Center. The community is still reeling from the impact of the Soberanes Fire. We know that the safety information and tools we provide at these events truly empower parents to better protect themselves and their loved ones.”
At the conclusion of Community Safety Saturday, a drawing will be held and many exciting, family-oriented prizes will be given away from Monterey Bay Aquarium, MY Museum, Pacific Repertory Theatre, Adventures by the Sea, Randy’s Whale Watching Trips, Century Theatres, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, Gilroy Gardens and Scales Seafood & Steaks Restaurant on Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf.
Community Safety Saturday will feature the following agencies:
• Monterey Fire Department
• California Highway Patrol
• KlaasKids Foundation
• Monterey Police Department
• American Red Cross
• U.S. Army Garrison (USAG) Presidio of Monterey's Fire Department
• The City of Monterey’s Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Program
• California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
• Monterey County Office of Emergency Services
• Girl Scouts of California’s Central Coast
• Funded by First 5 Monterey County, MY Museum’s Wheelie Mobilee
• U.S. Forest Service
• Monterey County Sheriff’s Office–Coastal Station
• Monterey California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CALFIRE)
• Boys & Girls Club of Monterey County
• California State Park Lifeguards
• Teddy Bears with Heart
• Independent Transportation Network of Monterey County
• Community Partnership for Youth
• The U.S. Coast Guard/U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
• United Way Monterey County
• Sun Street Centers
• Restorative Justice Partners
• Family Service Agency of the Central Coast/Suicide Prevention Service of the Central Coast
• Community Emergency Response Volunteers (CERV) of the Monterey Peninsula/ CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) Training
• AMR (American Medical Response)
• Community Human Services
• PRS Restore
• CHOMP’S Kids Eat Right
• Special Olympics Northern California
News Channel 5 KION/Central Coast CW/Telemundo 23 is the event’s television media sponsor.
Visit our website for activity and demonstration details atwww.CIGsafetysaturday.com
About Capital Insurance Group
Capital Insurance Group® (CIG) is the leading regional property and casualty insurer serving the Western U.S. since 1898. CIG insures Personal Auto, Homeowners, Farmowners, Condo Owners, Vacation Property, Renters, Apartment Building Owners, and many kinds of Commercial and Agricultural Auto and Property. The more-than-115-year-old company is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best, the independent financial monitor of the insurance industry. CIG manages personal, business, and agriculture risks underwritten by its affiliate companies: California Capital Insurance Company, Eagle West Insurance Company, Nevada Capital Insurance Company, and Monterey Insurance Company. Types of policies may vary from state to state. For more information, please visit www.CIGinsurance.com
CIG DELIVERS MORE. Continuously. ™
About the KlaasKids Foundation
The KlaasKids Foundation was established by Marc Klaas in 1994 to give meaning to the death of his twelve-year-old daughter, kidnap and murder victim Polly Hannah Klaas, and to create a legacy in her name that would be protective of children for generations to come. The foundation’s mission is to stop crimes against children by providing education and knowledge to the general public and promoting partnerships with concerned citizens, the private sector, organizations, law enforcement and legislators. www.klaaskids.org
For more information about CIG Insurance Community Safety Saturday, please go to www.CIGsafetysaturday.com