Halloween on the Wharf: Trick or Treat By the Bay
2nd Annual Halloween on the Wharf: Trick or Treat By the Bay
September, 2019. Monterey, CA. Save the Date for this great destination for all ages on Halloween! Fisherman's Wharf Association will hold its free “2nd Annual Halloween on the Wharf: Trick or Treat By the Bay” at historic Old Fisherman’s Wharf in Monterey, California, on Thursday, October 31st.
At a Glance:
When: Thursday, October 31, 2019 from 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf (GPS to 101 Washington Street, Monterey, CA)
What: 2nd Annual Halloween on the Wharf: Trick or Treat By the Bay (free)
· Come in costume and enjoy this free family-friendly event on Halloween. Trick or Treat and receive sweet treats at participating merchants on the Wharf.
· Participate in our special Halloween Costume Contest (judged by MC David Marzetti at the Wharf tent outside of Abalonetti’s at 6:00 pm) and win a prize!
· Carousel Candies will give away chocolate homemade confections all day and have a surprise Halloween guest in costume.
· Candy World will feature a witch and give away special Halloween candy.
· Scales Seafood & Steaks will provide delicious Halloween cookies and a Haunted House.
· Photo ops with a Halloween witch and other Halloween characters roaming the wharf!
· Check out the fun Halloween décor
· Other Halloween surprises, too. Come out and celebrate this fun holiday on the Wharf!
About Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf
Recently shown in the HBO hit TV series, Big Easy Lies, Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf is open 365 days a year including during the holidays (holiday schedule is on the events page on www.montereywharf.com). Visitors to Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf will want to plan their visit to include lunch or dinner at one of the many Wharf restaurants.
A visit to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula just isn’t complete without a rendezvous with Old Fisherman’s Wharf in downtown Monterey that was built in 1845 for regular passenger and freight service. Known as the “Monterey Bay Whale Watching Capital of the World™” and a top destination of visitors from around the world, Monterey’s Old Fisherman's Wharf provides a wide array of award-winning dining, shopping, special events, theatre, whale watching, bay cruises, a glass bottom boat, marine life, fishing and sailing, and strolling leisurely in a gorgeous setting overlooking the Monterey Bay.
Savor delicious cuisine at a myriad of fabulous restaurants featuring stunning views and award-winning Italian food, sustainable seafood, grass-fed steaks, including the region’s famous clam chowder and calamari. Enjoy salt water taffy, homemade chocolates, caramel apples, cotton candy and many other yummy treats. View sea otters, sea lions, harbor seals, dolphins, whales, sea birds and other wildlife “up close and personal” that also share the Wharf. Watch people who have gone out and caught their own fish on the local and chartered fishing boats return with their own “catch of the day”.
Celebrate the first location in Monterey County where tender abalone was cooked and served in a restaurant. Check out the many fun shops to find the perfect memento of your visit and a variety of unique gifts. Enjoy the exquisite views and the “best place to walk and people watch” in Monterey County!
Situated near downtown Monterey, Old Fisherman’s Wharf is conveniently located along the Monterey Bay Recreation Trail and has plenty of nearby parking. Anyone with Monterey County ID (939) can receive 2 hours of free parking in the Fisherman’s Wharf parking lot Monday through Thursday.
Other upcoming Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf events include Halloween on the Wharf, Christmas on the Wharf (1st three weekends in December) and the 10th Annual Whalefest Monterey (January 25-26, 2020).
For more information about Old Fisherman’s Wharf, go to www.montereywharf.com or call (831) 238-0777.